Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Recover PST File Which Got Corrupt Due to CRC Error

Have you ever encountered a CRC error message after MS Outlook downloads some emails to your system? Well, I have encountered this issue sometimes back but it is very rightly said that anything happens, happens for good as this error lead me to understand about PST corruption, CRC errors, and finally Outlook PST repair with the help of third-party software.

Let me tell you in brief about the CRC error which I got and how I rectified it. Another day while trying to access downloaded MS Outlook mails, I came across the below mentioned error message:

“Data error (cyclic redundancy check)”

Since, I was getting this error message as I was trying to view the downloaded emails thus, further I tried to see the deleted emails but stopped by the below mentioned error message:

“Error 0x80040116”

Worried! I searched over the Internet for this problem and got to know that the behavior has occurred due to PST file corruption which is corrupted because of CRC error. CRC or Cyclic Redundancy Check is basically error checking process which occurs during data transmission. Since, data is transmitted in blocks and each block has CRC value. This CRC value is verified at the destination to check whether it matches to the CRC value transmitted from the source. And, if the two values do not match then CRC error occurs.

Thus, further in my search, I got to know that with the help of third-party PST repair software, I could resolve the issue. Since, there is a long list of tools for this category available online thus my next mission was to search for a reliable utility which can do the needful. Therefore, my intense search for the same lead me to opt for one of the highly recommended and easy to use software which is Stellar Phoenix PST Recovery Software. This software scans and repairs Outlook PST files from all kinds of PST corruptions.

Therefore, before purchasing the software, I initially downloaded its free demo version. The free demo version scans the corrupt PST file and provides the preview of all the recoverable emails on the interface of the software. However, for actual repairing of PST files and recovery of all the Outlook objects including emails, calendar items, contacts, attachments, etc we are required to have the license of this tool which bears a minimal cost. Thus, getting fully satisfied by the demo version of this tool, I purchased its license, repaired my corrupt PST file and recovered all its objects without any damage.

No comments: