All versions of Microsoft Outlook have different PST file formats. So, if you talk about Microsoft Outlook 2007, its personal folders (.pst) file will have a slightly different format than the one supported by all earlier versions. Similarly, the PST files differ in folder size limit for each version of MS Outlook. . Many a time, users find it difficult to use Outlook. This primarily happens when the size of your PST file crosses the maximum size limit as defined by MS Outlook. The oversized PST files are more susceptible to corruption. Other possible reasons for PST corruption include virus infection, power surges, hardware failures, etc. As a consequence, you lose access to all important emails, contacts, tasks, etc, stored in the Outlook data (.pst) file. To overcome this problem, you need to go for a solution for Outlook PST repair.
Consider a real time scenario. When you try to start MS Outlook, you may come across the following error message:
''A program error occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft Windows and then start again.''
Some of the causes responsible for the occurrence of above error message are as follows:
- Insufficient random access memory .
- Insufficient hard drive space for keeping swap files.
- Incompatible or incorrect extension information.
- Corrupt Outlook Profile.
- Corrupt Outlook installation..
You may try performing the following actions for resolving the issue-
- If problem is due to insufficient random access memory, then more memory can be made available by closing all the programs. After closing the programs, restart Windows and then open only the required programs. With the help of Windows Task Manager, you can easily quit programs that you do not require. close the programs that are not required by you.
- If you have insufficient swap space on your hard drive, you should create more disk space by deleting all unwanted files form your system.
- If MS Outlook fails to start due to invalid extension information, then try replacing the Extend.dat file. If the Outlook application starts and you are still apprehensive of an extension problem, you can check it by turning off the desired extensions.
- If your Outlook profile is corrupt, create a new profile and an Outlook PST file.
- If installation of Outlook is corrupt, then change the name of Outlib.dll file and reinstall MS-Outlook.
If the problem still persists, take help of a professional PST repair tool. These third-party software are capable to recover damaged PST files to restore all your valuable Outlook data. They can effectively recover various types of Outlook objects, such as emails, contacts, tasks, appointments, etc.
Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair is a competent utility that repairs PST files created in MS Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, and 2010. The software allows you to perform a selective recovery of Outlook objects and even recover mails from the ‘Deleted Items’ folder. Moreover, it is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, and 2000.