Though Outlook comes loaded with many useful features, you can add more functionality and personal touch to it by integrating several third-party tools. Add-ins help you save time and perform your Outlook related tasks more efficiently. At times, if an add-in becomes corrupt, you might face startup problems with your Outlook account. You could troubleshoot such problems by running the Outlook account in Safe mode, which would not allow any add-in or customization to get loaded. To permanently fix the issue, remove the corrupt add-in and install it again. If you still experience problems while launching Outlook, then it could be related to a corrupt PST file. In such situations, you would be required to observe appropriate PST repair measures.
Consider a scenario, wherein, you start Outlook 2000, and receive the following error message:
:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\." \ISTORX32.DLL could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu
As a result of the above error message, you are unable to launch Outlook and access information stored in the PST file.
The above behavior can be encountered in the following conditions:
· If the Control Data Extensions Add-in has either been removed or is corrupt.
· Or if the PST file is damaged or corrupt
To resolve the add-in issue, you can observe the following steps:
· Try starting Outlook in Safe mode: By running Outlook in safe mode you significantly reduce the number of dlls (dynamic link library) which interact with it and your data.
· Alternatively, follow these steps:
1. Start Outlook, and click OK to bypass the error message.
2. Go to the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab.
3. Click Advanced Options.
4. Click Add-In Manager.
5. Click to clear the Control Data Extensions check box, and then click OK three times.
6. On the File menu, click Exit and Log Off, and then restart Outlook.
· In order to fix corrupt PST, you must consider trying the following Outlook PST repair steps:
1. Use the Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) and fix corruption
2. For best results, you must use a third-party PST repair software
Free Download Pst Repair Software can be downloaded from the Internet and installed on a computer system without any hassle. It repairs corrupt PST files and supports MS Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002 and 2000 versions. Being read-only, this Stellar Outlook PST repair application doesn't tamper with the original information stored in a PST file.