A corrupt PST file can disrupt your work to a great degree by rendering the information stored in it inaccessible. To make you enable to fix errors in a PST file so that it doesn't hamper your work, Microsoft has provided an inbuilt utility the Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe). You can use this tool and eliminate errors from a PST file. This way you make sure that your Outlook runs perfectly and doesn't throw bizarre error messages off and on. Have you ever thought what would happen if the Inbox Repair Tool fails to rectify errors? You must have not. But, the reality is there can be many cases when the Scanpst.exe would not work and you have to remain dependent on a valid backup copy of your affected PST file. What if you do not have a backup? Well, to avoid any such complex problems and repair PST files without any hassle, you must trust a third-party PST repair application.
Consider a scenario, wherein, you have installed Microsoft Outlook 2000 on your system. You open the application to observe your regular tasks including sending or receiving mails. This time around when you launch Outlook, you receive the following error message:
"Unable to display the folder,[path]Outlook.pst could not be accessed, access denied."
As suggested by the error message, Outlook is unable to access the PST files for some reasons. Let's take a look at the possible causes which would help you to tackle the situation in a better way and also serve as a guide to let you frame appropriate Outlook PST repair strategies.
The above unexpected behavior can be encountered if you have a corrupt PST file or there are errors in it.
To rectify issues related to PST files, you must consider using the Inbox Repair Tool. Here is a list of steps to be executed:
1. Quit Outlook 2000
2. Click Start, go to Find or Search
3. Type Scanpst.exe in the Search for all files and folders named box
4. Browse to the location of the corrupt PST file or type the path and file name of the PST file
5. Click Start
6. After running the Inbox Repair Tool, start Outlook by using the profile which includes the PST file which you repaired.
7. Go to View menu, click Folder List, locate Lost and Found folder, move all the recovered items from this folder to a new PST file in your profile (you have to create a new PST file in your profile)
8. If the errors aren't fixed using the above-mentioned steps, then download an efficient Outlook PST repair application.
To derive best and fast results, you should only go for Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair. This professional software has the capability of repairing corrupt PST files and recovering all of their components. Compatible with MS Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 versions, this PST repair software supports recovery of individual messages in both MSG and EML formats.