Error Message: “The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem”
To perform a send or receive operation or to view email accounts, you need to gain access to Tools Menu. While accessing the menu sometimes you may receive following error message:
“The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall.”
The reason behind this error message could be that your e-mail profile gets corrupted.
Therefore, to resolve the problem you need to create a new e-mail profile.
You may create new profile with an e-mail account or with a .pst file and Outlook address book.
How to create a new profile with an e-mail account in Outlook 2002
1. Click the Control Panel in the Windows Start Menu.
2. First you need to Switch to Classic View, and then click the Mail icon.
3. The Mail Setup dialog box appear, click the Show Profiles button.
4. Select the General tab.
5. Select “Prompt for a profile to be used” check box.
6. Click Add button.
7. Add the new profile name in the “Profile Name” box.
8. Click OK.
9. E-mail Accounts dialog box appears,
10. Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
11. Specify the server type for your new e-mail account, and then click Next.
12. Input the suitable information as prompted, and then click Next.
13. Click OK
Note: As opposed to Microsoft Exchange Server, for each new profile the Outlook address book and .pst files are automatically added by default